Design and development
The CJ-1 Starlet’s structure is primarily wood and finished with fabric. A variety of engine types have been used, including 50 to 80 hp (37 to 60 kW) Volkswagen air-cooled engines, the 80 hp (60 kW) Rotax 912UL and the 85 hp (63 kW) Jabiru 2200.
The aircraft is built from plans, although some parts are available as well.Additionally Aircraft Spruce & Specialty offer materials kits for the design.
CJ-1 Base model, made from wood CM-2 Model built from aluminium sheet, developed in New Zealand.
- Crew: one pilot
- Length: 4.5 m (14 ft 9 in)
- Wingspan: 5.72 m (18 ft 6 in)
- Wing area: 6.4 m2 (69 ft2)
- Empty weight: 230 kg (500 lb)
- Gross weight: 340 kg (750 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Volkswagen air-cooled engine or Jabiru 2200, 52 – 64 kW (70 – 85 hp)
- Maximum speed: 260 km/h (160 mph)
- Range: 685 km (425 miles)
- Rate of climb: 5.6 m/s (1,100 ft/min)
What People Say
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.Walt Disney
It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.J. K. Rowling
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.Dr. Seuss
One thought on “About the Corby Starlet”
Very interesting small aircraft. Are the wings plywood covered or fabric ?